oh my gods my parents just surprised me by telling me my mom is taking me to new york city this summer for my sixteenth birthday and they mentioned all the things we can do and one of them was go to the top of the empire state building and all i can think about now is asking to go to the 600th floor
if you ever think mythology is boring or serious business or whatever shit
just remember that cerberus, the hell-hound and guard dog of the underworld, comes from the root indo-european word ḱerberos, which evolved into the greek word kerberos, which got changed to cerberus when it went from greek to latin
ḱerberos means “spotted”
hades, lord of the dead, literally fucking named his pet dog spot
- Annabeth: Percy stay put! We're coming to get you!
- Percy: So should I go to Alaska?
- Annabeth: What? No! stay there!
- Percy: Alaska is really nice this time of year...
- Annabeth: Percy, just stay where you are
- Percy: Frank! Hazel! I wanna go to Alaska!
- Annabeth: For gods sake Percy!
- Per5cy: Onward my friends! TO ALASKA!